17.7.11

This feels weird!

For the first week after finding out about the pregnancy, I was so hungry. Before starting a vitamin I wanted fresh veggies, especially broccoli and carrots. There have been times when I can't tell if it's hunger or nausea! Estimated week 5 brought on an occasional tingly-icy-hot feeling. It's weird to feel like there's a spear of icy-hot through your pelvis! And every restroom in a 50 mile radius has been explored.


Some of the earliest symptoms I noticed--with hindsight--include a weird twitching feeling in my nose which still comes and goes, THIRST and it's partner of more restroom breaks, discomfort in tighter jeans, and I didn't want ANYTHING to do with candy except an occasional Payday. Also there has been a panicky feeling if I don't eat regularly and it can be VERY intense. Some of the symptoms I mistook for PMS include EXHAUSTION (like taking cold medicine), sensitive emotions (about a week in, our dog died and I took it so hard and for weeks), and the achiness mistaken for cramps.


Right now I'm estimated to be in week 7 and nausea has been awful this week and last week. My stomach has always been pretty strong so it's only nausea so far (honestly, if vomiting would make the nausea go away I'd take it instead of fighting it off). There have also been some food aversions that were totally unexpected like former favorites of string cheese, ham, and grilled McDonald's chicken wraps. Not surprisingly some bitter enemies have caused issue such as... deviled eggs.... ech... and still NO candy. There has also been a tightness across my stomach like the day after a good ab workout. I also just noticed in couple of days that my hands and feet are a little swollen! :)

I never thought I'd be happy to have swollen hands and feet! Or nausea, and my new buddy this week, heartburn... But it reminds me that there is a LOT going on that I can't see right now. I can't wait till we have the first ultrasound!